When considering the Pros and Cons of Active Adult Communities, you may not fully appreciate having on site entertainment, until you actually live in one. We have enjoyed the entertainment here at Village at Deaton Creek more than we realized we would.
I think on site entertainment is often overlooked because it’s not something you see or experience when visiting the community as a prospect. Most larger Active Adult Communities do have excellent entertainment programs.
Our Grand Ballroom probably seats 250 people and many times it is sold out for shows, so two or more shows are added.
The Homeowners Association puts on a lot of the shows but here at VDC, our community was one of the first to start a resident’s club (It’s Showtime) that provides entertainment for our residents. There is a new show every month which includes tribute shows or other entertainers, game shows with dinner and a play performed by residents.
Some of the reasons we love the on site entertainment are:
- The shows are always good and some even excellent. Some of the tribute bands sound as good as the original act.
- The variety of the shows. In our short time here we have seen tribute shows for Elvis, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Everly Brothers, Bon Jovi, Journey, Bee Gees, Neil Diamond, Kingston Trio, and many house bands playing a variety of music we like. We have seen a symphony trio, comedy show, variety show, Ventriloquist, Korean Cultural Show and dinner, and the games shows: Liars Club and Family Feud. Wow! Of course, there have been many more shows we didn’t go to including an opera singer, other tributes for Barbara Streisand and one for Frank Sinatra, cruise boat entertainers, etc. The Agatha Mystery Theater show sold out so fast we missed it.
- It’s nice not to have to drive outside the community. We get to the clubhouse in 2 or 3 minutes and there is plenty of parking. No dangerous night driving.
- Prices are reasonable. Always less than $20 per ticket and some as cheap as $8. We are probably paying at least $10 less per ticket than the same groups get elsewhere since we are non profit.
- Always something going on every month with at least 3 or 4 shows per month.
- A smaller music venue like ours offer an intimate experience with the performer and are the growing trend in entertainment.
- It’s nice to go with friends and neighbors. Many times groups get tables to sit together. Some go out for dinner before or after a show or coffee and desert at a neighbors house.
Entertainment shows are something we really enjoy about living in our Del Webb Active Adult Community. We feel like this is a bonus benefit of choosing to live here. Our neighbor called yesterday and added us to their ticket order for an upcoming John Denver Tribute show. Every month we look forward to seeing what shows will be coming up.
One reply on “Entertainment Shows”
Author says Hear touching lines if anyone want to understand him.
Really a great Article presented by author.
Thank You Sir.